THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Jumat, 15 Agustus 2008

Ways to Say It

A. Expressing feeling

1. Expressing surprise :

- No. I don’t believe it. - Oh, no. That’s not true.

- Are you serious ? - Really ?

- Are you joking - It’s surprising that …

- Are you kidding - What a surprise !

- You must be joking. - This is really a surprise !

- Wow ! - Incredible !

B. Expressing warning

1. Do this :

- Please queue other side

- Keep right

2. Don’t do this :

- No smooking.

- No exit.

- Don’t lean out of the window.

- Please do not disturb.

- Silence. Examination is in progress.

- Keep off the grass.

3. Watch out :

- Watch your head.

- Beware of pickpockets.

- Look out behind you.

4. Advice :

- Take good care of yourself.

- Be careful.

- Take care, please.

C. Expressing permission

1. Asking permission :

- Can I close the window, please ?

- Please let me have the car tonight.

- Do you mind if I smoke ?

- May I have your permission to marry your daughter ?

- Would you mind if I went with her ?

2. Giving permission :

- Sure, go ahead.

- Why not ?

- Certainly.

- I won’t stop you.

- No, I don’t mind.

3. Denying permission :

- No, you may not.

- You can.

- I don’t think so.

- I absolutely forbid you.

- I will not permit you to.

0 komentar: